APPOINTMENT OF ADJUNCT FACULTY
- Qualifications Include:
- Appropriate experience in an area of teaching relevant to assignment
- Teaching in the nursing practice setting for a Nurse Practitioner Program requires a minimum of 800 hours of prior advanced practice as NP and evidence of national certification
- Teaching in the undergraduate nursing practice courses requires three years of nursing practice experience
- The Master of Science degree in Nursing is the minimum required for teaching discipline-specific courses
- Personal nursing philosophy congruent with FAU College of Nursing philosophy
- Copy of current CV
- Copy of current RN licensure
- Official transcript from master's program (doctoral program, if applicable)
- 2 letters of reference
- Appropriate malpractice insurance
- Copy of current health insurance coverage
- Copy of current CPR certification
*These items must be kept current
- Applicant to contact personnel department for completion of required paper work to process application.
- Adjunct faculty will be expected to participate in a College of Nursing orientation.
- Adjunct faculty will be evaluated by students in their course.
- Adjunct faculty will be available to provide guidance to their students.
- Adjunct faculty will be evaluated annually by the appropriate associate or assistant dean.
- Adjunct faculty are expected to attend each class and or/nursing practice courses. If unable to meet the assigned responsibility, the salary may be adjusted appropriately.
Last Revision: 7/16/03