Post-Master's Certificate (PMC) Programs
Applicants holding an earned Master of Science degree in Nursing from an accredited program may apply to the following Post Master's Certificate (PMC) Programs:
- Nursing Administration and Financial Leadership
- Advanced Holistic Nursing (AHN)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)*
- Adult/Gerontological Nurse Practitioner (AGNP)*
- Nurse Educator
- Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner*
*The Psychiatric Mental Health, Family and Adult Gerontological Nurse Practitioner PMC have limited access.
The PMC programs of study may vary based on the student's Masters concentration curriculum. The PMC is not a degree; it is a certificate is issued upon completion of the program. Advanced Nursing Practice Grounded in Caring, NGR 6110, is required of all PMC students regardless of the track. Any applicant for a PMC must meet with the Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs or designee for initial advisement and program planning.
Admission Requirements for Post Master's Certificate Programs:
- Earned M.S. degree in Nursing from a CCNE or ACEN accredited nursing program.
- Minimum graduate program GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Résumé or CV.
- A written essay describing the student's philosophy of nursing.
- One letter of recommendation.
- Current RN licensure in the State of Florida.
- Complete background check.
- An interview and onsite writing sample may be required.