Non-Degree Graduate Courses
Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing
We are dedicated to providing you with the best possible customer experience, so please share your honest feedback.
Graduate Non-degree applications are accepted for those who wish to begin nursing classes but have not formally applied for admission. Class registration is on a space available basis and the College of Nursing permits no more than 9 credit hours of non-degree courses to go towards a degree-earning program. Students enrolling in non-degree graduate courses must have a Bachelor's degree in nursing.
The courses available to non-degree students are:
- NGR 6110 Advanced Nursing Practice Grounded in Caring
- NGR 6141 Advanced Pathophysiology*
- NGR 6811 Philosophical & Theoretical Foundations of Advanced Nursing Practice Roles
- NGR 6812 Nursing Research & Evidence-Based Practice
- NGR 6891 Advanced Nursing Practice: Leadership, Policy & Finance
Non-degree registration and semester start dates for classes are posted on the Registrar's academic calendar here.
* For applicants who intend to seek a degree in the future, please check concentration course sequence before enrolling in non-degree courses.
Non-Degree Registration Procedure
Steps to obtain approval for registration: (click on links for documents)
- Step 1: A non-degree application - mailed or delivered in person. The non-degree application requires a $30.00 application fee in check or money order (ONLY) submitted with the forms. Follow the instructions at the following link:http://www.fau.edu/registrar/pdf/Docs/Non_Degree_Enrollment.pdf.
- Step 2: The non-degree residency/instruction form Residency Form. Students must complete residency through this portal.
- Step 3: Required Immunization Form must be faxed, mailed, or delivered in person to Student Health Services (not registrar). Please visit Students Health Services.
- Step 4: After Step 1-3 is complete, email the respective registration contacts (below) to obtain authorization to register for the section that you choose. Include your Z numberand the CRN number for the section you are choosing. See Departmental Course Schedule for section availability.