Accelerated BSN Admission Criteria
To be considered for admission to the Accelerated Bachelor of Science (BSN) Track the following factors are required. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be reviewed:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA in all undergraduate work (this is the GPA calculated by NursingCAS).
- Successful completion of the following:
- Anatomy & Physiology I with Lab
- Anatomy & Physiology II with Lab
- Microbiology with Lab
- College Algebra or equivalent
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- Introduction Sociology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Human Growth & Development through Lifespan
- Chemistry with Lab
* All prerequisites must be completed with a solid C or higher. Courses with a C- or lower do not meet the prerequisite criteria.
* We recommend a cumulative Science GPA of a 3.0 or higher for the following courses: Anatomy & Physiology with lab (1 and 2), Microbiology with lab, Chemistry with lab, College Algebra (or higher).
* Nursing curriculum from other nursing programs are nontransferable. New students will be required to take all nursing curriculum within the Accelerated BSN track.
Admission Decision Criteria
This is a limited-access program and we receive many more qualified applications than available spaces. Admission decisions are based on the following:
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA.
- Pre-requisite science GPA
- Personal interview
Other factors relevant to professional nursing may be considered. For example: Pre-requisite courses completed at an SUS university or equivalent university in the United States