Requirements for Entering Advanced Practice Nursing Courses
Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing
We are dedicated to providing you with the best possible customer experience, so please share your honest feedback.
As a requirement, before starting the practice component of the professional nursing program at the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing, each student must present documentation of having met specific health requirements. Each student must provide photocopies of the required original documents listed below to the Student Services Office in the College of Nursing one month prior to the start of classes. Please keep copies of all of your health records, these records are not kept in the nursing office. If the information is not received, the student will not be allowed to attend the nursing practice courses.
- Evidence of health insurance, including company name and contract number.
- Evidence of current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification that covers Basic Cardiac Life Support. Students are required to complete the 8 hour health care provider course given by the American Heart Association. (This does not include the 'Heart Saver' Course.)
- Must complete the following health requirements:
- Completion of the College of Nursing required Student Health Form (this can be found on the College of Nursing Website at www.fau.edu/nursing.)
- Evidence of a negative PPD test within the past six months or appropriate medical follow-up of a positive reaction. Results must be reported in mm (millimeters), not just positive or negative.
- Documentation of adult diphtheria-tetanus (Td) immunization within the past ten years.
- Documentation of rubella (German measles) and rubella (red measles) immunization.
- Documentation of Hepatitis B immunization or the required waiver form.
- Documentation of date of chicken pox or titer results. If negative, varicella immunization is strongly recommended.
- 4. Health form, copy of health insurance card, BLS card and annual PPD must be submitted to the Student Services Office yearly and at least one month before the start of your first semester of nursing practice courses. No student will be allowed to participate in a nursing practice course if complete information is not on file.
Additional Requirements for Graduate Level Students
- Copy of current licensure as a registered nurse.
- Signed “Safety Guidelines for Clinical Practice” Form (this can be found on the College of Nursing Website at www.fau.edu/nursing.)
*STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANNUALLY UPDATING ITEMS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
Students will be notified of any additional requirements related to the nursing practice courses and specific institutional requirements.
Information on immunization requirements for nursing practice
The diphtheria-tetanus immunization, tuberculin test, and rubella titer are available through the Student Health Service at FAU for a fee for registered students. Rubella, Hepatitis B and Varicella immunizations are available through the Palm Beach County or Broward County Health Departments.
Further information on Rubella, Hepatitis B and Varicella can be found on the Department of Health and Human Services, Center for Disease Control.