Select Graduate Courses open to Non-Degree Students
Graduate Non-degree applications are being accepted for those who wish to begin nursing classes but have not formally applied for admission. Class registration is on a space available basis and the College of Nursing permits no more than 9 credit hours of non-degree courses to go towards a degree-earning program. Students enrolling in non-degree graduate courses must have a Bachelor's degree in nursing.
The courses available to non-degree students are:
- NGR 6110 Advanced Nursing Practice Grounded in Caring
- NGR 6141 Advanced Pathophysiology*
- NGR 6811 Philosophical & Theoretical Foundations of Advanced Nursing Practice Roles
- NGR 6812 Nursing Research & Evidence-Based Practice
- NGR 6891 Advanced Nursing Practice: Leadership, Policy & Finance
Non-degree registration and semester start dates for classes are posted on the Registrar's academic calendar here.
* For applicants who intend to seek a degree in the future, please check concentration course sequence before enrolling in non-degree courses.
Non-Degree Registration Procedure
Steps to obtain approval for registration: (click on links for documents)
- Step 1: A non-degree application - mailed or delivered in person. The non-degree application requires a $30.00 application fee in check or money order (ONLY) submitted with the forms.
- Step 2: The non-degree residency/instruction form https://www.fau.edu/registrar/registration/non-degree_app_submission.php mailed or delivered in person to the registrar. The Registrar's Office recommends expediting your paperwork by sending via U.S. Mail and, if necessary, using an overnight process of your choice to insure prompt and safe delivery.
- Step 3: The Required Immunization Form - faxed, mailed, or delivered in person to Student Health Services (not registrar)
- Step 4: After Step 1-3 is complete, email the respective registration contacts (below) to obtain authorization to register for the section that you choose. Include your Z number and the CRN number for the section you are choosing. See Departmental Course Schedule for section availability.
- For general non-degree request: click on Non-degree students are only allowed to register just prior to the start of each term.
- For registration, please contact Office of Student Services, 561-297-6261 or email@example.com