Guidance to students on the Pass/Fail option
Apr 1, 2020
Dear FAU Students,
The events of the past several weeks have been unsettling for many Florida Atlantic University students. As we navigate these challenging times, many of you are adjusting to remote learning for the first time. Understandably, this has created some anxiety and uncertainty about your performances in your classes.
I would like to give you some guidance on the Pass/Fail option that will become available to all students for a two-week period beginning April 8. Please refer to the below website for details on this process:
The website contains the following information:
- Which courses are not eligible for the Pass/Fail option;
- Important things to consider before selecting this option, such as
- Implications for financial aid;
- What it means for those hoping to go on to earn a graduate or professional degree; and
- Importance of calculating your potential term GPA.
- Related changes to academic policies.
The link that will enable you to select the Pass/Fail option will be sent to you on April 8. In the meantime, please address any questions or concerns you may have to an academic advisor or a financial aid counselor. ***Please note that students with majors in the Wilkes Honors College have already received separate guidance from WHC Dean Steigenga which should be used in lieu of the information on the above website.
**See Pass/Fail video: Watch Now **
With my very best wishes for your health and safety,
Bret S. Danilowicz, Ph.D.
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Florida Atlantic University