Dr. Karen Wisdom-Chambers is an alumna of Florida Atlantic University, Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing (BSN 2007), (MSN 2009) and (DNP 2013). She is an Assistant Professor on the practice teaching track. Dr. Chambers has been a registered nurse since 2002 and a board- certified family nurse practitioner since 2009. Dr. Chambers has worked in several areas of nursing including community health, cardiac, medical surgical, medical psychiatry and neuro/telemetry. Her areas of interest are integrated primary and mental health care and community health: Improving access to care in underserved communities. Her nursing experience includes homecare, medical surgical, cardiac, orthopedic, neurosurgery and medical-psychiatric and primary care. Karen is a member of the Golden Key Honor society, Association of Black Nursing Faculty, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners and the Black Nurse Practitioners of Palm Beach County.
Doctor of Nursing Practice Project; Chambers, K.W. (2013). Raising Awareness on the Importance of Prostate Cancer Screening in African American Men. Florida Atlantic University: Boca Raton, Florida
NGR 6719: Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics 2
NGR 7945C: DNP Residency I
NGR7947L: Residency for Advance Practice Nursing
NGR 6602L: Primary Care 1: Foundations of Advanced Nursing Practice
NGR 6605L: Primary Care 2: Practicum: Foundations of Advanced Nursing Practice
NGR 6619L: Primary Care 3: Primary care of Families Practicum
NUR4829L: Nursing Practice Immersion
NUR4764L: Complex Care in Nursing Situations with Adults and Aging Populations in Practice
NUR3262L: Nursing Situations Practice: Older Adults in Long term care Nursing Situations Practice: Health Assessment
NUR3065L: Nursing Situation Practice: Acute care Adults
NUR4219L: Nursing Situations Practice: Community Nursing NUR4638L: Nursing Situations: Adult Acute Health 2
NUR4716L: Nursing Situation Practice: Older adults in Long term care NUR4768L: Professional Development in Nursing 1: Ethical & Legal Perspectives of Caring
NUR 4824C: Professional Development in Nursing 1: Ethical & Legal Perspectives of Caring
NUR4638: Population Health: Nursing Situations
- Wisdom-Chambers, K. (2020 - 2021). Nurse Education Practice Quality Retention Registered Nurse in Primary Care COVID (COVID-19). HRSA CAPE COVID. Role: Project Coordinator
- Millender, E., Dickey, S. L., Ouma, C., Bruneau, D., Wisdom-Chambers, K., Bagneris, J. R., & Harris, R. M. (2022). Addressing Disparities by Evaluating Depression as a Predictor of Prostate Screenings among Black Men in a Community Health Clinic. Journal of community health nursing, 39(1), 25–39. https://doi.org/10.1080/07370016.2022.2028063
- Jones, T., Howard, H., Freeman-Costin, K., Creighton, A., Wisdom-Chambers, K., & Underhill-Blazey, M. (2021). Knowledge and perceptions of BRCA1/2 genetic testing and needs of diverse women with a personal or family history of breast cancer in South Florida. Journal of community genetics, 12(3), 415–429. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12687-021-00507-6
- Chambers, K. W. & Bulfin, S. (2019). Sexual Health -related issues (Chapter 9). In Winland-Brown, J., & Dunphy, L.M. Family practice and adult-gerontology: Primary care nurse practitioner certification examination: 6th edition. Philadelphia, PA: F.A. Davis.
- Chambers, K. W. (2017). HEENT Problems (Chapter 9). In Winland-Brown, J., & Dunphy, L.M. Family practice and adult-gerontology: Primary care nurse practitioner certification examination: Review questions and strategies, 5th edition. Philadelphia, PA: F.A. Davis.
- Chambers, K.W. (2019). Building Health Equity Through Academic/Practice Partnerships. Poster presentation at Association of Black Nursing Faculty, 32nd Annual Meeting & Scientific Conference. Chicago, Illinois.
- Chambers, K.W. & Edwards, K. (2017). Caring-based Academic Practice Partnership to Increase BSN-DNP graduates’ Willingness & Readiness to Practice in Underserved Communities. Podium presentation at Association of Black Nursing Faculty, 30th Annual Meeting & Scientific Conference. Orlando, FL.
- Chambers, K.W. & Marshall, J. (2015). Breaking down the Silo: What we can learn from Mary Seacole, Regina Benjamin, and Cornell West. Podium presentation at Association of Black Nursing Faculty, 28th Annual Meeting & Scientific Conference. New York, NY.
2021: Excellence in Community Service and Engagement Award Association of Black Nursing Faculty (ABNF)
2018: FAU Nurse of the Year: Palm Health Foundation
2018: Outstanding Service in healthcare: National Coalition of 100 Black women
2016: The Daisy Faculty Award
2002: Walshin Academic Dean’s Award
2002: St. John’s Hospital outstanding student award for medical surgical nursing )
- DNP, Florida Atlantic University (2013)
- FNP, American Academy of Nurse Practitioner Board Certified (2009)
- MSN, Florida Atlantic University (2009)
- BSN, Florida Atlantic University - Magna Cum Laude (2007)
- AAS, Cochran School of Nursing (2002)
PMHNP: American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (2020)
FNP: American Academy of Nurse Practitioner (AANP) (2009)
Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing
We are dedicated to providing you with the best possible customer experience, so please share your honest feedback.