Not known for being a wall-flower, I believe in the power of a positive attitude and a smile. I keep centered through my loving husband, my three rambunctious children and being outdoors in my organic garden. My practice experience includes Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Liver Transplant, Medical Surgical, High Risk Pregnancy, Diabetic Education and Telemetry. I started my health care journey as an EMT, but came to love nursing for the continuation of care aspects. I have worked both inpatient and outpatient at different stages of my nursing journey.
I started my teaching journey as an Adjunct Professor for Nova Southeastern University until 2019. I then was an Assistant Professor and Clinical Coordinator for Chamberlain University. I taught Introduction to Nursing, Medical Surgical, Pediatrics, and Community Health. I joined Florid Atlantic University in August of 2022.
- Rivera, A. (2020). Traditional masculinity: A review of toxicity rooted in social norms and gender socialization. Advances in Nursing Science, 43(1), E1-E10, doi: 10.1097/ANS.0000000000000284
- Rahemi, Z., D'Avolio, D., Dunphy, L. M., & Rivera, A. (2018). Shifting management in healthcare: An integrative review of design thinking. Nursing Management. 49(12):30-37, doi: 10.1097/01.NUMA.0000547834.95083.e9
- PhD Doctor of Philosophy with Major in Nursing, Florida Atlantic University (2019)
- MSN Master of Science, Nova Southeastern University (2014)
- BSN Bachelor of Science, Nova Southeastern University (2008)
- AAN Associate of Arts, Broward College (2005)