"My personal knowing comes from a deep and abiding faith in the goodness of humanity and in our ability as humans to eventually get things right."
- Director Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Program
- Doctoral Theory Class
- Practice Management
- Nurse Practitioner Practice Courses
- Masters Level Research
- Reflective Garden Walking Program
- The Arts in Healing
- McCaffrey, R. (2012) Doctor of Nursing Practice: enhancing Professional Development. Philadelphia: FA Davis. Co
- McCaffrey, R., & Younkgin, E., (2009). NP Notes. Philadelphia, FA Davis.
- Blum, C., McCaffrey, R., Bishop, M., Singh, R., Swan, A., Neese, R.& Piasecki, S (2012). Educating nurses about veno-thrombotic events. Journal of Nurses in Staff Development 28 (4). 173-176.
- Park, J., & McCaffrey, R. (2012) Chair yoga: Benefits for community-dwelling older adults with Osteoarthritis. Journal of Gerontological Nursing 38(5) 12-22.
- Park, J. & McCaffrey, R. (2011). Managing osteoarthritis: Comparison of chair yoga, reiki and education (a pilot study). Holistic Nursing Practice 25(6) 316-326.
- McCaffrey, R., Hayes, RM. & Ferrell, S., (2011) The effect of an educational program on attitudes of nurses and medical residents toward the benefits of positive communication and collaboration. Journal of Advanced Nursing. Article first published online: 16 June 2011: DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2648.2011.05736.x
- McCaffrey, R. Liehr, P, Gregorson, T., & Nikiosha, R. (2011) Garden Walking and Art Therapy for Depression in Older Adults: A pilot study. Research in Gerontological Nursing 18 (3). 48-52.
- McCaffrey, R., Hanson, C., McCaffrey W., (2010). Garden Walking for Depression. Holistic Nursing Practice. 24(5) 1-8
- McCaffrey, R., Hayes, R., Farrell, S., (2011) An educational program to promote positive communication and collaboration between nurses and medical staff Journal of Nursing in Staff Development 27(3) 121-127.
- McCaffrey, R., Hayes, R., Farrell, S., (2010). A program to improve communication and collaboration between nurses and medical residents. Journal for Continuing Education in Nursing 41(4): 172-178.
- Thrush, S., & McCaffrey, R., (2010) Direct to consumer genetic testing: What the nurse practitioner should know. The Journal of the Nurse Practitioner 6(3)269-273.
- McCaffrey, R., (2009) The effect of music on the cognition of olcer adults undergoing hip and knee surgery. Music and Medicine 1, 22-28.
- McCaffrey, R (2009) The effect of music on the cognition of adults undergoing hip and knee surgery. Applied Nursing Research.
- McCaffrey, R., & Thomas, D. (2009). The effect of lavender and rosemary on test anxiety in nursing students. Holistic Nursing Practice Journal 23(2) 88-93.
- McCaffrey, R., (2009). Music listening: Its effect on creating healing environment. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing 46(10 39-45).
- McCaffrey, R., (2008). Using music to interrupt the cycle of chronic pain. Journal of Pain Management 1(3). 215-222.
- Lopez, A., McCaffrey, R., & Fitzpatrick, J., (2008) Spiritual Well-Being and Practices among Women with Gynecological Cancer: A Preliminary Study. Oncology Nursing Forum 4, 341-350.
- McCaffrey R., (2008) The lived experience of integrating Haitian Elders into a senior center. Journal of Transcultural Nursing.19 (1) 33-39.
- McCaffrey, R., (2008). Integrating Haitian older adults into a senior center in Florida. Journal of Gerontological Nursing 33(12)13-18.
- McCaffrey R. & Thrush, S. (2004). Cardiovascular disorders: Chapter in Youngkin E et al: Pharmacotherapeutics: a primary care clinical guide. Connecticut: Appleton &Lange.
- McCaffrey, R. & Locsin, R. (2004) The Effect of Music Listening on Acute Confusion and Delirium in Older Adults Undergoing Elective Hip and Knee Surgery. Journal of Clinical Nursing 2 (22) 334-341.
- McCaffrey, R. & Freeman, E. (2003). Music's effect on chronic osteoarthritis pain in elders. Journal of Advanced Nursing 44(5)517-524
- Brewer, C. & McCaffrey, R. (2004) Vibroacoustic therapy: A nursing intervention. Holistic Nursing Practice. Accepted for Publication May/June 2004.
- McCaffrey, R., & Youngkin, E. (2004). Sleep disturbances in perimenopausal and menopausal women. Clinical Excellence for the Nurse Practitione8 (4) 111 - 124
- McCaffrey, R., Frock, T., & Gargullio H., (2003) Understanding the mind-body connection in chronic pain. Holistic Nursing Practice 17(2).
- Brewer, C., McCaffrey, R. Locsin, R. (2003). Arts in healing Journal of Alternative and Complementary Therapies September.
- McCaffrey, R., & Thomas D. (2003). Acupuncture: What the primary care provider needs to know. May 2003, Clinical Excellence
- McCaffrey, R., & Fowler, N. (2003). Qigong: Pathway to health and healing. Holistic Nursing Practice 17(3).
- 2009 Bayada Award For Technological Advances in Nursing
- 2009 Fulbright Senior Specialist to Naresuan University in Thailand
- 2007 Society for the Arts in Healthcare Research Award
- 2006 National Academy of Medical Surgical Nurses National Professional Issues Award
- 2006 Fellow National Academies of Practice
- 2003 Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing Founders Award Editor Moore Copeland Award Excellence in Creativity
- 2000 Iota Xi Chapter Distinguished Research Award
- 1999 Florida Atlantic University Nursing Faculty of the Year Award