Dr. Martinez earned her BSN at the University of Saint Joseph in Connecticut. After moving to Maryland, she earned dual Master of Science in Nursing and Master of Business Administration (MSN/MBA) degrees at Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing and Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School. In 2020, she earned a PhD in Nursing from Florida Atlantic University. Her expertise is in organizational development, coordinating and implementing organization operations, and administrative services. Her research interests are community and holistic health, with particular interest in the biopsychosocial experiences of children and adolescents with special health care needs. Her interest in children and adolescents flourished from her own daughter’s struggles with health care needs.
- Nursing Research, Scholarship for Evidenced Based Nursing Practice
- Martinez, L.A. Constantinides, S.M. (2021). Sleep assessment for sleep problems in children. The Nursing Clinics of North America, 56(2), 299–309.
- Opalinski, A.S. Martinez, L.A. (2021). Mindfulness and self-regulation in a summer camp setting: An EBP project. Journal of Pediatric Nursing, 57, 73–78.
- Martinez, L.A. Opalinski, A. (2019). Building the concept of nurturing resilience. Journal of Pediatric Nursing, 48, 63-1, doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pedn/2019.07.006.
- PhD, Florida Atlantic University (2020)
- MBA/MSN, Johns Hopkins University (2004)
- BSN, University of Saint Joseph (2001)
Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing
We are dedicated to providing you with the best possible customer experience, so please share your honest feedback.