Dr. Tamara Love is a faculty member at the College of Nursing. In her faculty role, she teaches various courses in the undergraduate and graduate programs. Dr. Love has worked in the area of healthcare for the past 25 years. She is currently active as Clinical Faculty for Nurse Practitioner students. Her main area of interest is cancer prevention and decreasing healthcare disparities. In addition to teaching, she is an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse with certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner. She has worked as an APRN in primary care, retail health and home health. She maintained strong community involvement by working out in the community and seeing patients in various shelters as an APRN. Dr. Love continues to have a strong commitment to being directly involved in disease prevention, health promotion and strong community involvement. Dr. Love is currently working with a grant for the development of a primary care workforce that is trained and educated in the use of telehealth technologies to prevent, respond, and prepare for COVID-19. She also has Telehealth Certification and is currently instructing undergraduate and graduate students in telehealth. Dr. Love recently won the prestigious award from Florida Atlantic University for Excellence and Innovation in Undergraduate Teaching.
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Advanced Health Assessment Lab
- Primary Care I: Foundations of Advance Practice Nursing
- Primary Care II: Practicum Foundations of Advanced Practice Nursing
- Primary Care III: Primary Care of Families Practicum Clinical Instructor
- DNP Project and Residency
- Nursing Practice Immersion
- Research for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Scholarship for Evidence-Based Practice Nursing
- Population Health: Nursing Situations
- Telehealth Course
- Wiese, L., Love, T., & Duncan, V. (In Review). Does Self-directed Learning Address Gaps in Nursing Student Knowledge of Alzheimer’s Disease? Nurse Education in Practice.
- Wiese, L., Love, T., & Goodman, R. (2020). Responding to a Simulated Disaster in the Virtual or Live Classroom: Is there a Difference in BSN Student Learning? Nurse Education in Practice.
- Barry, C., Chambers, K., Edwards, K., Hawthorne, D., King, B., Love, T., Postell, F. (2021, June). “Caring-based Academic Relationships in Excellence: BSN Student Readiness for Primary Care Roles.” ABNF Virtual Conference.
- King, B., Larkin, T., Love, T., Singh, J., Wisdom-Chambers, K. (2020) The Vision of Nursing 2030 Webinar. Cross Country Healthcare partnered with Florida Atlantic University to discuss “The Vision of Nursing 2030,” which looked at the rapidly emerging role of technology in the healthcare industry. Topics included telehealth, training healthcare professionals in new healthcare technology and balancing high tech with high touch.
- Love, T. (2017, April). “Increasing Knowledge and Uptake of the HPV Vaccine.” Kenosha County Department of Health, Pleasant, Wisconsin.
- Love, T. (2017, June). “A Townhall Meeting and Increasing Uptake of the HPV Vaccine.” Kenosha County Department of Health, Kenosha, Wisconsin.
- Excellence and Innovation in Undergraduate Teaching Award
- Dean’s List
- Completion of DNP Degree with Honors
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Member of National Honor Society
- Member of Sigma Theta Tau Honor International Honor Society of Nursing
- Member of Association of Black Nursing Faculty
- DNP, University of Wisconsin (2017)
- MSN, California State University (2009)
- BSN, University of Illinois (1997)
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (2009)
- Nationally Certified Family Nurse Practitioner (2009)
Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing
We are dedicated to providing you with the best possible customer experience, so please share your honest feedback.