Cassandre Horne is a faculty member at the college of nursing and teaches in both the graduate and undergraduate programs. She earned a Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing and a Master of Science degree with a focus in nursing education from Florida Atlantic University. Her research interests are directed towards decreasing disparities in racial/ethnic minorities in nursing. In 2019, she was instrumental in launching a community maternal health education group that assists minority expecting mothers. She served as the director for two years before transitioning to the director of curriculum for this educational service.
As a nursing professional development specialist, Dr. Horne is passionate about creative and effective education in nursing. She has taught courses at several colleges and universities in the South Florida area as an adjunct instructor prior to transitioning to FAU. She also worked as a clinical nurse educator at a local hospital where she managed and taught the novice nurse residency program. Her professional practice background is in neurological services with a focus on stroke care, telemetry and infectious disease.
- NUR 4937: Scholarship for Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
- NGR 6713: Curriculum Evolution & Models in Nursing Education
- NUR 4716L: Acute Care in Nursing Situations with Adults & Aging Populations
- NUR 3262L: Chronic Care Nursing Situations Ads/ Ag Practice
- Tappen, R.; Vieira, E.R.; Gropper, S.S.; Newman, D.; Horne, C. Sustaining or Declining Physical Activity: Reports from an Ethnically Diverse Sample of Older Adults. Geriatrics 2021, 6, 57. https:// doi.org/10.3390/geriatrics6020057
- Horne, C., (2021, 04). Acculturative Stress in Second Generation Haitian Americans. Poster presented at Sigma Theta Tau Research night.
- Horne, C., Tappen, R., Vieira, E. R., Gropper, S. & Newman, D. (2020, 09). Sustaining Physical Activity in Late Life: The Role of Purpose, Goals and Meaning. Poster presented at the virtual meeting of Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science (CANS)
- 2022 Best Research Poster at Sigma Theta Tau Research Night
- 2019-2020 Graduate Fellowship
- 2018-2021 Presidential Fellowship Award