Dr. Maude Exantus is an Instructor at the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing at Florida Atlantic University. Dr. Exantus started her career as a Licensed Practical Nurse LPN, graduated from Barry University with a BSN/MSN and Family Nurse Practitioner certification, and earned her Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree from Florida Atlantic University. Dr. Exantus's quality improvement DNP research project focused on: The Effects of Diet Coaching and Nutrition Education on Protein Intake in Adults. She has extensive experience as a board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner and has worked for more than 19 years in healthcare in various settings, including acute/critical care environments, primary care, and corporate wellness.
Dr. Exantus's nurse practitioner specialty and teaching focus primarily on health promotion, holistic healthcare management, disease prevention, and community health. In addition, Dr. Exantus is a professional fitness athlete, ACE-Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist, Certified Group Fitness Instructor, and Certified Health Coach. Dr. Exantus engages in teaching in the areas of mental health, wellness, coaching and learning innovations in health and wellness concepts, and interprofessional collaboration on health education and practice with various disciplines.
• Chronic Care Nursing Situations with Adults and Aging Populations in Practice/Clinical/ Stimulation Lab
• Complex Care Nursing Situations with Adults and Aging Populations in
• Practice/Clinical/ Stimulation Lab
• Community Health Promotion; Health Education and Behavior Change
• Fundamentals of Nursing Clinical Component
• Nursing Practice Immersion/Clinical/ Stimulation Lab
• Advanced Family Health Nursing I, Practicum
•. Advanced Nursing Situations in Practice: Health Assessment
• Primary Care of the Maturing and Aged Family Practicum