Dr. Chadwell has extensive clinical experience and has been teaching fulltime since 2007. She is a clinical nurse specialist and board certified geriatric nurse practitioner who trained in primary care, acute care, and long term care. During her tenure in clinical practice, she practiced in the intensive care unit and maintained Critical Care Certification (CCRN) over a 25 year period. In addition, she was a clinical specialist for an open heart surgery program, where she was involved in all aspects of clinical care and program management. She worked for a cardiology practice and spent 4 years in a hospital setting where she developed the concepts for a geriatric friendly hospital, chaired the policy/procedure and falls committees, and worked on numerous quality and safety initiatives. She is certified as a Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) and has consulted on quality, safety, risk management, and hospital accreditation requirements since 1995. Dr. Chadwell has also worked as a research volunteer in critical care medicine where she was involved in clinical therapies and device development and completed training as a Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) in 2003.
- Jones, S., Fenkl E., Patsdaughter, C.A., Chadwell K., (2013). Condom attitudes of heterosexual men ages 50 and older using prescribed drugs (Viagra®, Cialis®, Levitra®) to treat erectile dysfunction. American Journal of Men's Health. First published online April 25, 2013. doi:10.1177/1557988313486172
- Chadwell, K., (2013). Clinical practice on the horizon: Personalized medicine. Clinical Nurse Specialist. 27(1), 36-43. doi: 10.1097/NUR.0b013e318277703c
- Chadwell, K., (2012). Book Review: What nurses know…HIV/AIDS. Journal of Nurses in AIDS Care, 24(2), 180-182. doi.org/10.1016/j.jana.2012.06.008
- Chadwell, K. (2009). Book Review: A Nurse’s Guide to Presenting and Publishing: Dare to Share. Clinical Nurse Specialist, 23(6), 327-328.
- Teodecki, S., Chadwell, K. (1995). Perfusion quality: keeping pace with change. Proceedings of the American Academy of Cardiovascular Perfusion, 16, 118-121.
- 2002 Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Chapter Xiota Xi
- 2008 Madison Who’s Who Registry of Executives and Professionals, member of the year
- 2009 Phi Kappa Phi National Collegiate Honor Society
- 2012 Nominated for Excellence in Teaching Award at Florida International University
- 2013 Nominated for 2012-2013 AACN Faculty Teaching Award
Florida Atlantic University
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), 2010
Florida Atlantic University
- Master of Science Nursing (MSN), 2003
- Master of Science (Biomedical Science), 1993
Florida International University
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing), 1989
- Associate of Science (Nursing), 1977
- ANCC Certified Geriatric Nurse Practitioner since 2003
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)