Incomplete Grades

A student who is passing a course but has not completed all of the required work because of exceptional circumstances may, with the approval of the instructor, receive a grade of incomplete or "I." The grade of I is neither passing nor failing, and is not used in computing a student’s grade point average; it indicates a grade of deferral and must be changed to a grade other than I within a specified time, not to exceed one calendar year from the end of the semester during which the course was taken.

The "I" grade is used only when a student has not completed work assigned to all students as a regular part of the course. It is not to be used to allow students to do extra work subsequently in order to raise the grade earned during the regular term. The instructor will record in writing, and file with the Registrar, the work that must be completed for a final grade, the time frame for completion, and the grade that will be assigned if the work is not completed. It is the student’s responsibility to make arrangements with the instructor for the timely completion of this work.