Accelerated BSN Application Process
The application for the 2018 Accelerated Track is now closed. Application dates for Spring 2019 have not yet been released; please check our website towards the end of 2017 for updates.
The Accelerated Track has one start a year, beginning every Spring semester. In order to apply, students must successfully complete and follow the steps below:
STEP ONE: Apply to FAU - You must first be accepted to FAU before applying to the accelerated track. When applying, visit www.fau.edu/admissions . Click Apply Now and then Begin Your Application. Choose “second bachelor’s degree” and “General Health” as your major. Note: applicants cannot choose Nursing as their major when applying.
- For all universities attended, you must send each official undergraduate transcript to FAU during the application process.
STEP TWO: Successfully complete all nursing prerequisites with a C or higher. Prerequisites lower than a “C” will not be accepted. A list of our prerequisites can be found here: http://nursing.fau.edu/admissions/bachelor-of-science-nursing-program/accelerated-bsn/pre-requisites.php. Note: students can retake prerequisites; the College of Nursing will average the two grades and honor the average score as the new prerequisite grade.
- CLEP options (testing out of a course) can be found here: http://www.fau.edu/testing/all-tests/clep.php
STEP THREE: Register for and complete the TEAS Entrance Exam. TEAS scores are to be uploaded into your Nursing CAS application. TEAS Registration: https://www.atitesting.com/Solutions/pre-program/TEAS.aspx
STEP FOUR: Complete the online College of Nursing application through Nursing CAS. Note: The Nursing CAS application will only be available during the accelerated application cycle dates. Application dates and deadlines will be posted here when available: http://nursing.fau.edu/admissions/bachelor-of-science-nursing-program/accelerated-bsn/application-process.php
- Your Nursing CAS application must be created with an FAU email address. Applications without FAU email address will not be reviewed by the application committee.
Nursing CAS Steps:
1. To create a Nursing CAS account visit: http://nursingcas.org
- When creating your account it is imperative that you follow the Nursing CAS instructions on adding their email address to your safe sender list.
- Use your FAU email address when creating your Nursing CAS account
2. Submit all official transcripts from each university you’ve attended to Nursing CAS:
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
3. Indicate the program you wish to apply to under the Designation section of the application. Be sure to choose the correct track: Accelerated BSN track.
4. Please complete all sections on the application checklist, provide as much detail as possible.
- Resumes, letters of recommendation, volunteer hours are not required for our application.
5. NursingCAS charges a fee based on the number of schools to which you apply. You will pay $45 for the first school designation and $30 for any additional designations.
6. NursingCAS may change fees at any time.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact the Accelerated Coordinator, Chere Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org