Accelerated BSN Application Process
Fall 2019 application period: November 1, 2018 - March 15, 2019
Important Admission changes beginning fall 2019.
The accelerated track will transition from spring admission to fall admission only beginning fall 2019.
Accelerated BSN Application Process
STEP 1: Successfully complete each nursing prerequisite with a C or higher. Prerequisites lower than a “C” will not be accepted.
STEP 2: Register for and complete the TEAS Entrance Exam. TEAS scores are to be uploaded into your Nursing CAS application – scores sent to FAU will not be reviewed. Applicants must have an adjusted individual score of a 78% or higher.
STEP 3: Complete the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing application via Nursing CAS:
- To create a Nursing CAS account visit: http://nursingcas.org
- Once the Nursing CAS account is created, applicants must choose the correct program and track: (BSN, Accelerated)
- Applicants must submit all official transcripts from each university attended to Nursing CAS:
- PO Box 9201 Watertown, MA 02471
- Upload official TEAS score into your Nursing CAS application.
- Ensure all sections on the application checklist have been successfully completed.
- NOTE: applicants cannot edit their Nursing CAS application after it has been submitted.
- Allow 4-6 weeks for Nursing CAS to verify your application from the time of submission.
- Applications not verified by the application deadline will not be reviewed.
STEP 4: Selected applicants are invited to interview 4 – 6 weeks after the application cycle closes.
STEP 5: When the applicant receives a preliminary acceptance, the final step in the admission process is the level two federal background checks and fingerprinting. Explicit directions will be provided in the letter of preliminary acceptance.
- When the background check and fingerprinting are cleared, the Admission, Progression and Retention Sub-Committee will then offer the student full admission into the Accelerated Track. The cost of all components of these procedures including any repeat procedures if needed is the responsibility of the applicant/student.
Fall 2019 applicants: All prerequisites must be completed no later than December 15, 2018.
A TEAS score of a 78% or higher (Individual Adjusted Score) should be uploaded into the applicant's Nursing CAS application. The College of Nursing will not review any TEAS scores that are sent to FAU.
- If an applicant has all items completed (TEAS, Prerequisites) then they can go directly into the Nursing CAS application and apply to the program. Applicants no longer need an FAU email address to apply.
- If an applicant has prerequisites left and wants to take them at FAU they need to apply as non-degree and then register for their prerequisites.
- If an applicant wants their transcripts reviewed, they need to apply to FAU as non-degree, and send each official transcript to the university. Once the applicant is accepted, receives a Z number, and all transcripts have been received to the university, an advising appointment can be made with Chere Robinson via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the applicant graduated from FAU and would like transcript advising, only their Z number needs to be provided. All transcripts should already be available at the university.
- All applications must be completed online and verified through Nursing's Centralized Application Service (NursingCAS) http://nursingcas.org. Only verified applications from Nursing CAS will be reviewed. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the Nursing CAS verification process. Applications not verified by the fall 2019 deadline will not be reviewed.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact the Accelerated Coordinator, Chere Robinson at email@example.com.