Accelerated BSN Application Process
Accelerated 2019 Application Cycle: December 11, 2017 - August 3, 2018.
Spring 2019 application period: December 11, 2017 - August 3, 2018
The application for spring 2019 admission is currently open and will close August 3, 2018 at 5:00 pm. Only verified applications from Nursing CAS will be reviewed. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the Nursing CAS verification process. Applications not verified by the August 3rd deadline will not be reviewed.
Important Admission changes beginning fall 2019.
The accelerated track will transition from spring admission to fall admission only beginning fall 2019. Applications for fall 2019 admission will open November 1, 2018 – March 15, 2019.
The Accelerated Track has one start a year, beginning every Spring semester. In order to apply, students must successfully complete and follow the steps below:
STEP ONE: Apply to FAU - You must first be accepted to FAU before applying to the accelerated track. When applying, visit www.fau.edu/admissions . Click Apply Now and then Begin Your Application. Choose “second bachelor’s degree” and “Nursing - Accelerated Track”.
- For all universities attended, you must send each official undergraduate transcript to FAU during the application process.
STEP TWO: Successfully complete all nursing prerequisites with a C or higher. Prerequisites lower than a “C” will not be accepted. A list of our prerequisites can be found here: http://nursing.fau.edu/admissions/bachelor-of-science-nursing-program/accelerated-bsn/pre-requisites.php.
Prerequisite Deadline - July 2, 2018: With a final grade listed on one's transcript, all nursing prerequisites must be successfully completed no later than July 2, 2018.
Prerequisite Deadline (Fall 2019 Admission) – December 14, 2018: With a final grade listed on one's transcript, all nursing prerequisites must be successfully completed no later than December 14, 2018.
Note: students can retake prerequisites; the College of Nursing will average the two grades and honor the average score as the new prerequisite grade.
- CLEP options (testing out of a course) can be found here: http://www.fau.edu/testing/all-tests/clep.php
STEP THREE: Register for and complete the TEAS Entrance Exam. TEAS scores are to be uploaded into your Nursing CAS application.
TEAS Deadline - July 23, 2018: All applicant TEAS score must be submitted into NursingCAS no later than July 23, 2018.
TEAS Registration: https://www.atitesting.com/Solutions/pre-program/TEAS.aspx
STEP FOUR: Complete the online College of Nursing application through Nursing CAS.
- Your Nursing CAS application must be created with an FAU email address. Applications without FAU email address will not be reviewed by the application committee.
Nursing CAS Steps:
1. To create a Nursing CAS account visit: http://nursingcas.org
- When creating your account it is imperative that you follow the Nursing CAS instructions on adding their email address to your safe sender list.
- Use your FAU email address when creating your Nursing CAS account
2. Submit all official transcripts from each university you’ve attended to Nursing CAS:
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
3. Indicate the program you wish to apply to under the Designation section of the application. Be sure to choose the correct track: Accelerated BSN track.
4. Please complete all sections on the application checklist, provide as much detail as possible.
- Resumes, letters of recommendation, volunteer hours are not required for our application.
5. NursingCAS charges a fee based on the number of schools to which you apply. You will pay $45 for the first school designation and $30 for any additional designations.
6. NursingCAS may change fees at any time.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact the Accelerated Coordinator, Chere Robinson at email@example.com