Accelerated BSN Admission Criteria
To be considered for admission to the Accelerated Bachelor of Science (BSN) Track the following factors are required. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be reviewed:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA in all undergraduate work (this is the GPA calculated by NursingCAS).
- Successful completion of the Civics Literacy Test (State of Florida Requirement). Please visit this link for more information http://fau.edu/testing/all-tests/civics-literacy/
- *Anatomy & Physiology I with Lab
- *Anatomy & Physiology II with Lab
- *Microbiology with Lab
- *College Algebra or equivalent
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- Introduction Sociology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Human Growth & Development through Lifespan
- Chemistry with Lab
* Grades in these courses constitute the Pre-requisite Science GPA used for admission decisions – minimum ‘C’ earned in these courses
Admission Decision Criteria
This is a limited-access program and we receive many more qualified applications than available spaces. Admission decisions are based on the following:
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA.
- Pre-requisite science GPA
- Successful completion of the "Civics Literacy Test"
- An individual adjusted TEAS score.
- Personal interview
Other factors relevant to professional nursing may be considered. For example: Pre-requisite courses completed at an SUS university or equivalent university in the United States