Post-Master's Certificate (PMC) Programs
Applicants holding an earned Master of Science degree in Nursing from an accredited program may apply to the following Post Master's Certificate (PMC) Programs:
- Nursing Administration and Financial Leadership
- Advanced Holistic Nursing (AHN)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)*
- Adult/Gerontological Nurse Practitioner (AGNP)*
- Nurse Educator
- Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL)
*The Family and Adult Gerontological Nurse Practitioner PMC have limited access.
The PMC programs of study may vary based on the student's Masters concentration curriculum. The PMC is not a degree; it is a certificate is issued upon completion of the program. Advanced Nursing Practice Grounded in Caring, NGR 6110, is required of all PMC students regardless of the track. Any applicant for a PMC must meet with the Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs or designee for initial advisement and program planning.
Admission Requirements for Post Master's Certificate Programs:
- Earned M.S. degree in Nursing from a CCNE or ACEN accredited nursing program.
- Minimum graduate program GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Résumé or CV.
- A written essay describing the student's philosophy of nursing.
- One letter of recommendation.
- Current RN licensure in the State of Florida.
- Complete background check.
- An interview and onsite writing sample may be required.