Terry Eggenberger is a three time graduate of Florida Atlantic University, Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing. She joined the faculty fulltime in 2005 and was given the opportunity to integrate simulation into the curriculum. Prior to this position, her most recent clinical positions were as a Director of Nursing Education and as a Director of Workforce & Organizational Development. Dr. Eggenberger still enters practice as an Administrative Supervisor at JFK Medical Center. Areas of clinical experience include CVICU, PACU, & Cardiac Rehabilitation.
Dr. Eggenberger teaches both in the undergraduate, RN-BSN, and graduate programs, and is the Lead Faculty for the graduate CNL concentration. She has created simulation scenarios grounded in caring at the undergraduate and graduate levels. She predominately teaches courses in Leadership, Creative Teaching, and the core courses in the CNL concentration. She has recently completed several advanced courses on integrating technology into curriculum such as the eLearning Designer and Facilitator Certification Course and the Intergrated Technology into Nursing Education and Practice Initiative.
Dr. Eggenberger's current research interests are related to interprofessional practice, leadership, communication and teamwork. Her doctoral research was on Holding the Frontline: The Experience of Being a Charge Nurse in an Acute Care Setting.
- Eggenberger, T., Garrison, H., Giovengo, K., Hilton, N. (2013). Discharge phone calls: Using person-centered communication to improve outcomes. Journal of Nursing Management, 21, 733-739.
- Eggenberger, T., Keller, K., Chase, S., & Payne, L. (2012). Evaluating caring in nursing simulation: A quantitative approach. Nursing Education Perspectives, 33(6), 403-406. Data-Based.
- Eggenberger, T. (2012). Exploring the charge nurse role: Holding the frontline. Journal of Nursing Administration. Data-Based.
- Eggenberger, T. (2011). Response to Chapter 4 by Ray, M. & Turkel, M. & Cohn, J., Relational caring complexity: The study of caring and complexity in health care hospital organizations. In A. Davidson, M. Ray & M. Turkel (Eds.), Nursing, caring, and complexity science: For human-environment well-being (pp. 118-123). New York: Springer Publishing Company.
- Raines, D.A., Ricci, P., Brown, S.L., Eggenberger, T., Hindle, T., & Schiff, M. (2011). Cheating in online courses: The student definition. Journal of Effective Teaching, 11(1), 80-89. Data-Based.
- Eggenberger, T., Keller, K. & Locsin, R. (2010). Valuing caring behaviors within simulated emergent nursing situations. International Journal for Human Caring, 14(2), 22-28. Data-Based.
- Sherman, R., & Eggenberger, T. (2009). Taking charge: What every charge nurse needs to know. Nurses First, 2(4), 6-10.
- Barry, C.D., Blum, C.A., Eggenberger, T.L., Palmer-Hickman, C.L., & Mosley, R. (2009). Understanding homelessness using a simulated nursing experience. Holistic Nursing Practice, 23(4), 230-237.
- Sherman, R. O. & Eggenberger, T. (2008). Transitioning internationally recruited nurses into clinical settings. Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 39(12), 535-546. Data-Based.
- Eggenberger, T. & Keller, K. (2008). Grounding nursing simulations in caring: An innovative approach. International Journal for Human Caring 12(2), 42-46.
- Sherman, R., Bishop, M., Eggenberger, T., & Karden, R. (2007). Development of a leadership competency model. Journal of Nursing Administration, 37(2), 85-93. Data-Based.
- Palm Healthcare Commitment to Community Award 2004
- Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing Leadership Award 1998
- Ph.D - Nursing - Florida Atlantic University (2011)
- M.S. - Nursing Florida Atlantic University (2002) - Administration & Finance
- B.S.N. - Florida Atlantic University (1998) - Summa Cum Laude
- A.S.N. - Indian River Community College (1981)
- Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL)
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE)
- Credentialed Microsystem Coach- Level 1, The Dartmouth Institute Microsystem Academy 2019
- QSEN Faculty Development
- TeamSTEPPS Master Trainer
- Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC)
- Certified DDI Faciliator
- Master Trainer Development Dimension International (DDI)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider, Instructor
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider, Instructor
- Nurse Executive Advanced-Board Certified (NEA-BC)