Research Funding Opportunities
Following are some ways to receive information about funding opportunities. Faculty and staff, also see our ONRS Canvas site for additional resources on searching for funding opportunities.
• FAU has an agreement with GrantForward that allows FAU faculty members to access funding opportunities.
• Tip: Once an account has been established, set up a Profile with a list of keywords to capture research interests and see grant recommendations.
• Use Grants.gov to receive updates on federal funding opportunities.
• Subscribe to receive email updates--click on the top tab “Connect” and “Manage Subscriptions.”
• Subscribe to the “NIH Guide to Grants and Contacts” and receive the “Table of Contents” with a weekly listing of new NIH notices and opportunities: https://grants.nih.gov/funding/searchguide/index.html#/
Nursing Organizations (*selected)
• Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses
• American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
• American Association of Occupational Health Nurses
• American Nephrology Nurses Association
• American Nurses Foundation
• American Psychiatric Nurses Association
• Asian American/Pacific Islander Nurses Association
• Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses
• Emergency Nurses Association
• GMLA: Health Professionals Advancing LGBTQ Equality
• National Association of Hispanic Nurses
• National Association of Neonatal Nurses
• National Association of School Nurses
• National League for Nursing
• Rural Nurse Organization
• Sigma Theta Tau International
• Society of Pediatric Nurses
• Transcultural Nursing Society
Please see this list of relevant foundations below, many of which have regular grant opportunities available.
• Allegany Franciscan Foundation
• American Cancer Society
• American Heart Association
• Florida Blue Foundation
• John A. Hartford Foundation
• Robert Wood Johnson Foundation