Process, Procedures & Forms
Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing
We are dedicated to providing you with the best possible customer experience, so please share your honest feedback.
Castle Branch (Background Check, Health Records and Drug Screening)
In order to improve the efficiency and time-constraints of the background check process, the College of Nursing, uses a company called Castle Branch. Castle Branch coordinates ALL aspects of the background check itemsto include fingerprinting, drug testing and maintaining health records.
Background Checks and related items will be completed at the time of Admission to the College of Nursing. (For all programs)
The Background Checks and related healthcare documentation may not wait until practicum for completion. The process for background checks and health records is consistent for all College of Nursing programs.
NOTE: The college recognizes that current students may have completed certain pieces of the "old process" and will be working to coordinate the remaining steps to avoid duplication and additional costs for the student.
Ready to begin the Process?
- You will be provided with the instructions and a program package code at orientation or after registering. Proceed to Castle Branch
- Follow the directions using the package code given, pertaining to the program that you have enrolled in. Package Codes are in parenthesis. Do not include the parenthesis.
- Accelerated Bachelor Program (FL53)
- Masters Program (FL82)
- Doctoral (DNP)Program (FL08)
- RN-BSN program (FL83)
- PhD program (FF05)
- Second Degree Part-time Working Professionals BSN program (Davie Campus) (FH65)
- Freshman Direct Admit program (FC92)
- Proceed through the registration process, making sure you read all of the links and references to proceed to further sections. You can always contact Castle Branch for troubleshooting into your account, Mondays-Fridays 8am-5pm EST. 1-888-723-4263
- Complete all items by the expected deadline communicated to you by the advisor/director.
- Background Checks will be reviewed and coordinated with program advisors/directors so that all items are reviewed together for completion. Prior to the deadline date students will receive confirmation. *It is the student responsibility to double-check by these deadlines that everything has been approved.*
- An annual Oath & Affirmation is required to keep your initial background current. It must be completed every year AFTER your initial background check as long as you are a student here. (Further Information on Oath & Affirmation Policy is under the "Policy" Tab)
**The College of Nursing has contractual agreements with a multitude of clinical facilities/institutions. Each of these institutions has its own policy regarding background checks/immunizations/drug testing, and whether or not students are allowed to be in the facility for practicum. If a student cannot attend practicum, then the student cannot fulfill the objectives of the program requirements. This means that the student cannot graduate from the program.