Process, Procedures & Forms
Certified Background (Background Check, Record Management, and Drug Screening)
In order to improve the efficiency and time-constraints of the background check process, the College of Nursing, uses a company called Certified Background. Certified Background coordinates ALL aspects of background check items including Live-Scan fingerprinting, and maintaining health records, as well as drug testing, if needed.
Background Checks and related items will be completed at the time of Admission to the College of Nursing. (For all programs)
Package Codes are in parenthesis. (FL##) Do not include the parenthesis.
- Traditional/Accelerated Bachelor Programs (package codes Traditional FL07 and FL53 Accelerated)
- NP Masters Programs (FL82)
- Doctoral Programs (FL08)
- Masters Non-NP new student (FL82)
- RN-BSN students (FL83)
- Masters Non-NP clinical/practicum classes
The Background Checks and related healthcare documentation may not wait until practicum for completion. The process for background checks and health records is consistent for all College of Nursing programs.
NOTE: The college recognizes that current students may have completed certain pieces of the "old process" and will be working to coordinate the remaining steps to avoid duplication and additional costs for the student.
Ready to begin the Process?
- You will be provided with the instructions and a program package code at orientation or after registering. Proceed to www.certifiedbackground.com following the directions using the package code.
- Proceed through the registration process, making sure you read all of the links and references to proceed to further sections. *Helpful Hint: For security purposes, username & passcodes are emailed to you. They do not just pop-up on screen. Ensure you keep the certified background website up and running while you are proceeding through each step of downloading instructions and registering. Instructions are provided for proceeding to the different sites to setup accounts as needed. You can always contact Certified for troubleshooting into your account, Mondays-Fridays 8am-5pm EST. 1-888-666-7788
- Complete all items by the expected deadline communicated to you by the advisor/director.
- Background Checks will be reviewed and coordinated with program advisors/directors so that all items are reviewed together for completion. Prior to the deadline date students will receive confirmation. *It is the student responsibility to double-check by these deadlines that everything has been approved.*
- An annual Oath & Affirmation is required to keep your initial background current. It must be completed every year AFTER your initial background check as long as you are a student here. (Further Information on Oath & Affirmation Policy is under the "Policy" Tab)