Adult Day Center
The Adult Day Center is designed to provide a wide variety programs that are stimulating cognitively, physically and socially - with the intent of helping participants maintain their highest possible level of functioning.
The Day Center operates simultaneous programs for participants with mild memory impairment and for participants with moderate memory impairment. There is a special track for persons with Parkinson's disease and one for persons with young-onset dementia.
The Day Center building is designed to accommodate several small group activities at the same time, conducted in different locations. Therefore, participants receive as much individualized attention as possible and can develop and maintain personal interests and relationships in a more intimate setting.
Examples of activities include art classes, table games, small group "brain games," such as word games, group storytelling and reminiscing, music groups, gentle chair yoga, gentle chair exercises, gardening activities, putting, shuffle board, pool, discussion groups, current events groups, flower arranging, crafts, library time, computer lab time and many more. Caring volunteers assist the staff in all aspects of the Center's operations.
The Day Center is also designed to provide health and social services for participants and their families. A registered nurse is on site on a full-time basis. The nurse administers and manages medications, assesses the participants' health status, facilitates ongoing communications with the participants' physicians, monitors vital signs and chronic conditions, and provides information and support for participants and caregivers.
Participation in the Day Center also provides important respite for caregivers. A comprehensive array of support programs is offered to caregivers of Day Center participants (see Sustaining the Caregiver section).
Example of Monthly Day Center Calendar
Sample Day Center Menu
Day Center Fee Schedule & Registration Process
DAY CENTER FEE SCHEDULE
Fees range from $48 - $63 for a half day. Fees range from $80 - $90 for a full day.
* A limited number of scholarships are available on established, income-based need.
DAY CENTER REGISTRATION PROCESS
- The first step is the initial tour of the facility followed by a review of our calendar of events and menu. During this meeting we will conduct a recreation assessment to determine the interests of the candidate.
- Next, we will set up a trial visit to determine if the program is a good fit for the participant
- If this trial visit results in a favorable response, then we will need to have a Medical Information Form completed by the participant's physician that identifies any health conditions, allergies, and prescribed medications of which we should be aware, as well as proof that the participant is free of tuberculosis.
- A family member will then meet with our Senior Registered Nurse or Case Manager to complete the required forms for the participant's file. At this time we will need the following:
- Participants Social Security Number
- Participant's Date of Birth
- Health insurance information
- Emergency contact information
- Physician's information
- Signed contract for days of attendance
A portion of the New Participant Registration Package is available online to facilitate the registration process:
You can download and complete the following documents prior to meeting with the Senior Registered Nurse or Case Manager (see Registration Process Above).
Authorization for Release of Information to Medical Providers- This document authorizes the exchange of information between the MWC staff and the listed medical providers (e.g., primary care provider, neurologist, and other providers).
General Authorization for Release of Information- This document authorizes exchange of information with persons of the participant's choice (e.g. concerned family members).
Medical Information Form- to be completed by the participant's primary care provider
These forms are in PDF Format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader, which you can download free of charge at: (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html).
- Welcome & About
- Programs and Services
- For Physicians and Providers
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Caring Hearts Auxiliary
- Make a Donation
- Professional Advisory Board
- Clinical Trials
- News & Events
- Contact Us